
This past month has flown by. It's not even one of those instances where I can say it went fast and slow all at the same time, because...well, honestly, it just went really fast. Which, if you ask me, is both good and bad.
The first month of my son's life has come and gone. It has presented many a trial and tribulation. It has, without a doubt, presented many a sleepless night. But, more than anything, it has presented a love that I never knew was possible. Although the speed with which this month has passed has made the sleepless nights seem more bearable, I'm sad at how quickly he is growing. Niko wore a sleeper last night...it happened to be one we had on him in the hospital. It was baggy then...and last night, it was a difficult zip. It's only a matter of days, literally, before he no longer fits into his newborn clothes.
I need a pause button. Now.
As of Wednesday the 29th---the Tot was weighing in at 9 lbs 7 ounces--a whooping 2 lbs more than his birth weight. His length has only increased by an 1 1/4 inches which I find funny; he seems longer to me....like, super long baby. I guess I'm no good at judging baby length.
We're in the midst of a growth spurt right now. Either that, or our kid is just an asshole that screams a lot and wants to be attached to the boob (funny how that statement could apply to a grown man, too). I feel like I second guess myself often...I'm never sure what's wrong, what his cries mean, or if I'm doing it right. The only reassuring factors are his growth numbers. But, i've become that overly-anxious mom who worries about her child's poo. And his boogers. And his baby acne.
Despite the loss of the tiny infant that slept 20 hours day, we are gaining a less tiny infant that is awake much, much more. We are gaining a little noise machine, full of coos and squeaks...and a lot more crying. I'm excited for the future, yet sad to see it come so quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment