Today marks my 3 year wedding anniversary--what better place to turn to mark the memory than here? After all, this is the place I turned to discuss my wedding in the first place!
A long forgotten blog, this is. Well, maybe not forgotten (obviously). More like neglected. I think often of posting. I wish I did more. But my hands are full (with a baby) or busy surfing the web....and my thoughts and memories just go right out the door.
So, here I am. Sitting on the couch and stuffed from a giant and overwhelmingly good dinner. Every year, we go back to the restaurant that hosted our reception (albeit in a different state). We order some of the same foods we had that day, and we have a good time looking back on our wedding and our years. This was our first year as a family of three...and it was adorable. Niko sat on my lap, then D's, then hung out in his high chair and ate some of my pasta while watching a baby einstein (yes. we are those parents that choose a youtube video over a screaming baby, especially when he's normally at home winding down from the day).
Life may not always be easy. It may not always be fun. And it might not be what I thought it would be (a la my seven year old self). But it's imperfectly perfect. It is what I've made it. It is was my family has made it. The partner I chose has given my the son I adore. I couldn't have asked for anything else.
Three years.
Wow. I'm getting old.
Here's the cute little fam:

No comments:
Post a Comment