Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I think there's a truth to not being fully able to appreciate your own parents and what they've done for you until you're a parent yourself.

Well, at least this rings true for me. In the card I sent my mom this year, I thanked her for teaching me a lot. A lot of what to do...and a lot of what not to do. Being a mom isn't easy. Mistake will be made a long the way. I learned from a lot of my mom's mistakes, and I'm sure I'll make more than my fair share of my own mistakes.

But, when I'm not busy making mistakes, I'm enjoying all of the wonderful aspects of being a mom. This part...this overwhelming, endless, unconditional love, this I didn't understand. I didn't know it was possible, despite hearing about it from my own parents.

So, here's to another Mother's Day!! I couldn't be more proud to be a mom :)


No comments:

Post a Comment