So, we made a trip to Chicago last weekend--and it was so much fun. I love big cities....but? I can only take them in small doses. I suppose that the country girl in me. I grew up in a small farm town; we didn't even have a stop light. Or a bank. We did have a gas station--that's saying something, huh? Regardless, I do love Chicago. And...hopefully I will get to go back for a knottie G2G before we move! (Speaking of which...that's coming up here soon. Oy.)
While in Chicago, I got a call from my doctor at the Cleveland Clinic. She let me know that she reviewed my muscle biopsy slides I brought from my hospital back here...and she decided, along with the help of a few other doctors, that it wasn't a muscle issue---but a connective tissue issue (ya, I know, that rhymes). She said that since there wasn't any muscle damage, it couldn't be a muscle issue. Which, in a roundabout way means the lack of muscle damage is atypical for a Focal Myositis diagnosis. Well, alright then.
She wants me to see a Rhuematologist there. I don't. I mean, I do--but, my main doctor here, for the past year since I was initially diagnosed, was a Rhuematologist. He's already said he's run the gamut of tests on me; everything has come back normal (save a few random off things). So, I have a feeling I'd be repeating tests (and let me tell you, some of them were not pleasant). And the Cleveland Clinic is a four hour round trip. Ugh. I think I'll check with my Internist here first.
On a side note, I went to Barnes and Nobles tonight. I go often, just to get out of the house--since it's only about 5 minutes away. I flipped through The Knot magazine (so what if I'm already married?)...I had heard a rumor that a quote of mine had made it in!
Sure enough, there I was (or rather, there my awesome SN was). It was so trippy to see tons of names from the boards! I cannot wait for the Fall Edition to come out---so I can see my face instead of my name :)
I don't know who this "Rich" guy is, but he's very lucky.
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't have to deal with too many tests... I have to get a very not-fun procedure next week for the second time in less than a month to get a second opinion. I'm sooo not excited!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back blogging Rach! I also click on your siggy link, and I was starting to wonder how you were feeling, or if you had abandoned the blog. Good to "see" you back, even if it is with not much more for answers. Good luck preparing for the big move!
ReplyDelete