Monday, April 12, 2010

Today was a day full of .... things.

I may be feeling like crap and a half today, but all things considered...well it could be worse. For instance, this cat:
It may be hard to see, but this poor guy doesn't have any eyes. On top of not having eyes, he has a chunk of his neck torn off, and just hanging there. I've seen this little guy wandering around outside quite a bit---at first I thought he was sick...because he didn't seem to know where he was going, and ran into things a lot. But, upon closer inspection, I realized his eyes were missing. Today, however, he was in much worse shape. For quite some time, I've hated the number of stray cats the roam around my neighborhood....and they all look so well fed! Someone's feeding them!! But not caring for them! Grr....it makes me so mad.

On the way to work today, I realized my life could be worse. My life could be this boulevard. And sidewalk...or what's left of it.

But, I also realized it could be better. I could be Lewis--my cat. Without a care in the world, and a nice window to sit in.
Lewis recently discovered the Tower-Of-Gifts (see below). Said tower is the gateway to his heaven (read: window). On the other side of the Tower is the stove. Which is next to the microwave. Which is next to the window....you see where I'm going with this? Oh, to be Lewis, the rescue golf course kitty.

On another note, I was asked if I was okay with having one of my TTD pictures in Fall edition of The Knot magazine....more specifically, this picture:
It will be included in a section about their favorite "Something Blue"....and, it makes me appreciate the 45 minutes I spent in my basement stirring my crinoline in a giant Tupperware container full of blue water.

So? All in all...not a bad day. And? It could always be worse.

4 comments:

  1. That stray cat is so sad. That is so cool that the you will be in The Knot magazine! I loved you TTD pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to tell you...congrats on your picture in TK mag! Awesome!! I loved your TTD sesh.

    Seeing poor kitties like that makes me want to hug Oskie and G. Poor little guy. And I <3 Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly I don't think you give yourself nearly enough credit for the dress (or for a lot of other things, but that's a separate post). I mean, maybe I'm out of the loop a bit, but I don't think just anybody dyes their crinoline blue, makes it work, then goes out in cowboy boots to an abandoned amusement park with a diamond-in-the-rough photographer to capture an unforgettable picture like that.

    and yes, Lewis is cute. but he's a catterrorist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Olivia--Thank you!!

    @Salt--Holy Hell, Salt--that picture of you is HOT. And? After seeing the poor kitty outside yesterday, I definitely spent a decent amount of time snuggling with my kitty<3

    @Pants--you're outta the loop. you're a boy. and stop calling Lewis a terrorist; it's not nice.

    ReplyDelete