Friday, June 18, 2010

Honeymoon? Vacation? Workout?

We've been in San Fran since Tuesday. My whole body hates me right now (I won't go into detail, I trust you don't want them anyways). We've done a lot of walking--so, my lazy ass (for good reason) just isn't used to it. And my relatively Average Joe of a stomach isn't too keen on me eating something out of the ordinary. So, needless to say, I'm actually looking forward to returning home. Trips to big cities are fun. For like two days.

But, we did get to see some neat places. Of course, the only two things I even knew about San Francisco were from the opening credits of Full House (don't judge)... (1. the Golden Gate Bridge, and 2. the Painted-Lady houses that overlook the city). So, we got to see both of these spots today; pretty, no?



So, in a round about way, mission accomplished. We came. We saw. We need to go home now. The thing that has been the most confusion about this trip was that it was actually a wedding gift from one of my husbands friends--who happens to live here. So, did we call it our Honeymoon? Well, it is the closest thing we'd get to one--that's for sure. Or do we call it a regular old vacation? To be honest, we haven't done much "honeymoon-ish" things. No locking ourselves in a room for two days straight, no couples massages, no....well, you get the picture. Not that these things are necessities for Honeymoon Completion Status, but--well, it seemed like more of a regular vacation. Moreover, since the trip was a gift from my husband's friend that actually lives here, we've spent a good deal of time with him; he's been our tour guide---so to speak. That, in and of itself, puts a slight wrench into honeymoon-ish things. Well, that, and I don't know him too well (first time meeting him was at our wedding)....and, I'm just such a nervous nelly around people I don't know too well....

Either way, it was a trip that I'll never forget. This city is nothing short of amazing. I've never seen hills like this before (let alone walking up one). I've never seen a giant bright red bridge before. In short, Ohio doesn't have shit to offer compared to a city like this.

I'm really looking forward to going home--despite the fact that we've so much to do ahead of us. We move in less than two weeks, and--for the most part--we've yet to pack a thing. Nothing. Nada. And, unless you are a close personal friend of mine, you might not know just how much shit I really have. And, of course, it's one thing to move across town...where you can take said shit in trips. Like 80 trips. But, it's a whole different ball game when you have oodles of shit---and only one shot to move it in. In short, we're fucked. (but, it will work out, it always works out).

ON A HAPPIER NOTE (or sad, if you're me....don't ask)....The Cleveland Clinic called yesterday. Both genetic disorders I was tested for over a month ago have come back normal---as predicted. While this is a good thing (no way did I really want to have either disorder), I have this habit of feeling slightly let down every time I'm convinced by another doctor that they have the answer....and then, as it turns out, they don't. So, it just means more wasted time. More unanswered questions. More frustration.

Oh well. C'est la vie, n'est pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment