Thursday, February 9, 2012

Double Digits

The kid? He's ten days old. What? Ten days? How is that even possible?! Time is flying already...(and, unfortunately, the flying time isn't collecting in my sleep bank).

As a whole, I'm feeling pretty good. All things considered, that is. I'm still incredibly sore. Some days...well, actually, some minutes are better than others. Aside from the obvious pain of the birth itself, my whole body has been aching. I just feel like I've been crunched up in the fetal position for months--perhaps I inherited this feeling from my baby? And, it goes without saying I hope, I am exhausted. I think I am averaging about 4 hours of sleep a day--I only sleep during the time between his nightly feedings...

My body is returning to normal...kind of. I made it through the pregnancy with only one stretch mark, and that was about a quarter of an inch long, and *inside* my belly button....weird, but I'll take it. My stomach, while not defined, has flattened out with the help of the Belly Bandit. It still feels like a bowl full of jelly when I poke at it.

I took "weekly" pictures throughout my pregnancy---they date back to week 11, all the way up to week 39--the day my water broke. The picture above shows week "40," even though I had an outside baby by then! In about 4 weeks, I should be able to return to some sort of exercises---not that I was doing much pre-pregnancy, but...considering that the pregnancy helped alleviate a lot of my autoimmune issues (let's hope it stays that way), I'm hoping to have more energy to do more once everything heals up...

On another note, all four of my boys are asleep right now. The cat is passed out on a tower of boxes from baby things. The husband and the dog are knocked out on the couch. And the kid is in his Rock 'n Play (thank you Aunt Mary!) next to me (he sleeps in that thing all day/night). I should nap too...ya know "sleep when he sleeps" kinda thing. But, I can't seem to nap. Certainly not with a baby around; too much anxiety on my part. I hope it's just a new-mom thing, and that I'll get over it soon and learn to nap!

And? Enjoy his cuteness

No comments:

Post a Comment