Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trashing My Dress.

Okay, so I didn't actually trash it--but, I did fart around in the mud and weeds in it. And? It was awesome. The amazing photographer that did my boudoir pictures for D's wedding present did my TTD shoot--she's trying to get more involved in weddings (she's a fantastic baby photographer!!), so I threw the trashing of the dress idea out there, and she jumped. I decided to get my hairs did for the shoot--and? Also awesome.

See?




Like I said, awesome.

Jennifer (the photog) had two places in mind for the photos---an old abandoned farm house that is up for sale, and an old abandoned amusement park. Both within 5 miles of each other. Both right down the road from her studio. Both absolutely amazing.

The first place (the old abandoned house) was right up my alley. I have an unusual fascination with old houses. That fascination carries over to old abandoned houses. There's an old house a few miles from where I grew up; it's been empty since I was 11. Yet, for whatever reason, I'm so utterly intrigued by it--despite the fact that it's caving in in the middle. So, this house was slightly reminiscent. The house itself was a dump. So was the barn. Come to think of it, the entire property was. Right outside the house, there was a mass collection of garbage (including a fully decayed rib-cage...just a fraction of the random bones we ran across). Parts of the barn were falling down. There was a random boat. The sun was setting. The weeds were high. In short? It was perfect.

The second place (an abandoned amusement park) was a dream come true for me--I live for places like that (and I promptly went home and researched its history). At one point, the now defunct park housed small amusement rides--but none were present yesterday. All that remained were the different buildings that once housed a gift shop, and ballroom -- amongst other things. There was also an old covered bridge--breathtaking (yet falling apart).

Just a few pictures of the place:
The entrance to the park.
The old covered bridge.
Old building.
Old gift shop.

In short, I can't wait to see the pictures. But also? I'm glad I won't have to wear that wedding dress of mine again anytime soon--it's evil. Pure evil. And by pure evil, I mean it weight entirely too much, and makes my back hurt like you wouldn't believe.

2 comments: