Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ebony Belongs to Me.

So. After much debate, and perhaps a little (okay, a lot) of whining on my behalf, the husband and I settled said debate on the car issue.

Did I want the cute 'lil convertible? Oh yes. Yes, yes I did. But, I wish it had had about 100k less miles on it, and wasn't a decade old. It needed a new timing belt. It was old(er). And there were too many unknowns. And? We're moving. Which means Dad will no longer be a mere few miles away, and won't be able to come and fix it when things go wrong.

I went home on Sunday, and my dad and I went to the Kia dealership that my original Kia came from...hoping they'd have better offers than the on here had. And they did. And? I have me a brand-spankin' new car. No money down. And? I'm in love.

I went from this (named Dex):

To this (named Ebony...I think):

With this many miles on it:

It has been, hands down, the best decision I have made in a while. No longer will I be worrying about my old Kia (and all the repairs it needed that didn't make it worth it's original purchase price of "free"). The only weird part now is getting used to driving a car with power steering...I'm half tempted to cut the power steering line just because it's...well...it's actually hard to drive it with power steering after not having it for 5 years!!

After the car purchasing fun, my dad and I headed to my aunt & uncle's house for my cousin's graduation party; it was a mini family reunion! The best pictures of the night came in the form of my cousin's son---adorable, and future alcoholic (I kid. I kid.).






My upcoming G2G in Chicago with some of my favorite Knotties is coming up soon; I simply cannot wait!! When I got home from work today, I had a big 'ole box waiting for me from Knot Annie...she shipped a bunch of magazines for me to take with me to Chicago. Woot!


I've been busting ass working lately...I'm hoping to save up as much money as possible before the move---but, a trip to San Fran (belated honeymoon-ish) might set me back a bit. And, the whole move itself...well, I'm still avoiding it.

One of these days.....

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the new car! Great decision. I love my new truck (now 2 years old) and the fact that I don't have to stress about repairs. The top picture of your cousin is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute car! And I am completely jeal that KA sent you something in the mail. I'm determined to get on her good side. ;)

    ReplyDelete