Friday, June 25, 2010

I should be...

Packing. We leave in 5 days. But? I have no desire to be doing it. In fact, I don't want to move at all. I just want to *poof* be in NC. Stuff and all.

Every time I go to pack, I get smacked in the face with the realization of of how much crap I have. I currently have four giant spaces bags full of clothes, along with two long tupperware containers. And? I have about 5 loads of laundry waiting to be packed down in my basement. That's just my clothes. Oy. I'm half tempted to torch the house, and have us just start over with new stuff---then I won't have to debate over and over about getting rid of those pants I used to wear in high school...7 years ago.

Oh...and, The Knot apparently decided not to use my Trash The Dress picture in their fall mag after all. No clue why; I found out by default. Consider me totally bummed.

2 comments:

  1. That's a bummer about not using your photo. I think it is extremely unique and awesome.

    I feel the same way about packing! We have to move at the end of the month and I'm seriously tired of the process already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mas bummer about the photo. That photo actually makes me want to dye my crinoline. As for the move, if you haven't used it in a year, and it's not a special heirloom... ditch it. You will be so much happier for that action. I went through all my belongings last summer and gave myself what I thought was a tough challenge. Get rid of all non-heirlooms that I hadn't used in 2 years. I'm still drowning in stuff, and I've realized that I need to be much, much tougher on myself before we move next summer.

    ReplyDelete