I'll be meeting up with a few NC knotties tonight---and, I cannot wait! We've been lucky enough to know quite a few people in this area, so it hasn't been totally saddening with a lack of human interaction, but I still miss home. And familiar faces. And familiar places.
On the job front, it seems I may be in the running for a position at the university the husband teaches at. It's only part times, and pays just as little as my graduate assistantship paid (minus the benefits of free tuition), but it would be a foot in the door to working in Higher Ed. That, and it's relatively close to where we live (which is hard to say, because we are in the middle of nowhere). There's also a possibility for another part-time-ish job at a law firm the husband used to work at after his undergrad was finished. So, with any luck, things will pan out, and I won't have to worry about my "nest egg" depleting before I have a chance to add to it.
I'll have pictures of the new digs soon---but I trust that no one wants to see our mess as is.
No comments:
Post a Comment