So. We've been in the South now for over a month. Going on two--and, oddly enough, it seems like we've been here forever. I think we've adapted quite well...or, at least as well as can be expected for the time being. I've finally landed a job (thanks for the hookup, husband!); I spent the last week in NYC training for it (that was fun. not.). I will start that on Monday, and I think my life as I know it will be over. I have spent the better part of the last two decades being a student. Without fail, I returned to school every fall. And now? I have to be a grown up. I have to work 9 to 5 (actually, 8:45 am to 5:30pm, but who's counting those extra 45 minutes anyways?). It's an odd concept for me to have something to do every week day, without change. I'm used to waking up when I want, doing what I want---on a school schedule, that is. Part of me thinks I won't be able to hang. The other part of me thinks that other normal adults do this kinda stuff, so I should be able to also...right? God, I hope so.
I'm trying to get in to see a new Rheum before my insurance runs out on the 24th of this month; I haven't much time. And then I'm uninsured for 3 months while I'm on "probation" at the new job. Being a grown up blows.
On another note, I have baby fever. I think my husband does too. We see babies, we swoon (unless it's a newborn, and then my husband makes a cringy-face, and says they look weird). Hopefully that portion of our lives will be able to come to fruition within the next couple of years. This all adds into why I went out on this limb and got a big-girl job---I want a house, and a kid, and to do that...well, two incomes are better than one.
Oh, and my husband got us the new iPhones. I'm such a dork, but I can't wait to use it. He's had his up and running for almost a week now, but I've missed out due to that fancy pants job training I was taking part in this past week. I tried to set it up today, only to find out that my crapbox of a computer (and I say that with the highest level of love, but the last 3 years have not been kind on my MacBook....) is too old (read: the operating system is ancient) to sync up with the phone. But, alas, husband comes through yet again with his new work computer which is a brick of a MacBook Pro....no, seriously, this thing feels like a brick on my lap. Who thought 15'' screens were ever necessary for a laptop? When it gets this big, they should just call it a bricktop...that would be more accurate.
Gosh I'm tired.
You'll get used to your big girl job! It's definitely an adjustment. I worked 2 office jobs in college but I was in a different one every other day. It was tough being at the same desk 40 hours a week. It's my life now though... GL on your 3-months without insurance. That scares me for you!
ReplyDelete