Thursday, March 3, 2011

Holy Hiatus.

So. I took a hiatus. Like a seven month hiatus---but, it came with the realization that I can't post whatever the hell I want to, and think it won't affect other people. The internets aren't always as anonymous as I might think they are.

With that....I'm back.

I'm still in North Carolina. The longer we're here, the more I enjoy it. The winter was the most tolerable thing I have ever witnessed. Who knew life could be so...livable...without snow!!

I'm still working at the same place. As far as office environments go, it kind of sucks. But? I think that's the deal with all offices. Not just mine. They all carry some level of high-school-ish-ness.

I'm still sick. I'm back to treating at a medical university. It's hard to start all over---to repeat the same story time and time again. It's hard to tell new doctors all of the stuff I have been through, all of the tests, scans, surgeries, and procedures I've had done....and the fact that there is still no diagnosis. So, I have a new internist, a new rheumatologist, and ..... a new gastroenterologist? To be honest, she's great---but, GI was the last set of doctors I thought I'd have to deal with. I certainly didn't think I'd have to have another colonoscopy and endoscopy less than a year after my first one, but that's what I spent my morning doing. The prep was just as awful as I remember it. So is the recovery. I hate that I'm back in the same boat again....I wish I could just leave. Or be done with it. Or....be well again. I'm at one of the best medical universities in the country, so...I have hope.

I'm hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! It's been my experience all offices have...drama, for lack of a better word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be back....now, I just need to be on TK more so I can see your face more regularly! ps---I'm in love with your blog. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete