Today is our one year anniversary. We've been married for one whole year. Wow.
It went by so fast, yet so much has happened at the same time. We got married. We moved to North Carolina. We both started new jobs. We moved again (trust me, this was necessary). We are old married people!!
And, to be honest, I wouldn't want it any other way. I have days where I wonder what my life would have been like had I chosen a different path--if I had chosen a different college, or a different grad school. But, clearly, all of the decisions I made placed me in the perfect place to find the perfect person at the perfect time. And the rest, as they say, is history.
So, to reflect on the last year of marriage, I will say this: it's no different than life before marriage. We still annoy the crap out of each other some days. The dog (who belongs to me) still loves him more, and the cat (who I begged the husband to rescue) attacks me more than him. Laundry continues to be a task that neither of us like to start....and finish in a timely manner. We don't eat at a dinner table. Our obsession with all things Apple/Mac has continued to grow. He still thinks HD channels look different from regular channels. I don't. He still loves Starbucks, and my allegiance still firmly stands with Dunkin' Donuts.
But, the bottom line is I have a best friend that will always be there to hold my hand when I need it most. I have someone to be waiting for me when I wake up from any and all medical procedures. I have someone to help me avoid onions. And peppers....and celery. I have a love that will never die, and for that I consider myself to be one of the luckiest gals out there.
That....and he sent me flowers at work! AT WORK! (caps locks needed as this has never once happened to me in my life, and it's an amazing feeling, even if you pretend to be one of those girls who don't want flowers....because they're totally lying.)

Happy Anniversary, D!

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pictures are still some of the most gorgeous I have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteI LOL'd at the HD channel comment. I can't see the difference either.
Thank you, Love!!!
ReplyDelete