Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Just Another Manic Monday...

...Today got off to a great start. The cat woke me up at about 3 am with his purring noise box all up in my face. I put up with that for as long as I could before I kicked him out of the room. And then, of course, the alarm went off. And I couldn't hit snooze because I had a dog to walk (which is normally done by the husband...but, without the husband...well, I had to get up earlier to walk to darn dog (who originally belonged to me prior to even meeting the husband) in the dark (eff you daylight savings time)).

Needless to say, it just wasn't that great. I thought I had a killer outfit on today---everyone oogled over my new shoes (impulse buy). But, it was Monday. And I had a lot of stuff to finish up from last weeks deadlines, on top of this weeks deadlines, and my mind is no where near my work...in fact, I think it was off in another universe because I caught myself, on more than one occasion, just staring at the floor (anyone walking by probably thought I was play Angry Birds on my phone....which I was....once).

I got an email from my GI doctor's nurse, confirming my next round of fun games with them. Last week, I was told I was going to be having a "pill endoscopy." Which, basically, means I swallow a pill shaped camera. And it takes pictures as it travels throughout my intestinal tract. I have to wear a "box" on my belt that captures the pictures. Oh, how I wish the "box" was actually a Fanny Pack.

But, I also need a chest x-ray (just to make sure all the pulmonary stuff that used to be an issue is no longer an issue) and specialized x-rays of my hips to look for inflammation in my sacroiliac joints after I had a positive ANCA blood test....They've thought it might be vascular in nature before. But, then again, they've thought I've had everything under the sun. And I don't. But, turns out I can't have x-rays done after I swallow said pill cam, so I have to show up extra early to get the x-rays done THEN swallow a camera. This is all on Thursday, by the way. Needless to say, I won't be going into work that day....It's sad that my days off always end up involving this shit (no pun intended). I have yet to ask for a day, or even a minute of work time off just for "me." All my leave time is spent on doctors. I've had just about all I can take.

But, my shoes looked great...my new purse is awesome....so, at least there's that:



Thank you, Michael Kors and Kate Spade for providing me with today's fashionable accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment