Prior to starting all this sleep hygiene crap, I had been monitoring my sleep with an iPhone app. Neat, huh? It's called Sleep Cycle, and it was a whopping .99 cents! It basically does nothing but monitor your movement---it has no way of knowing whether you're actually asleep or not (at least I don't think it does), but...when you move, it tracks it. It's so interesting to see the results the next day. My results originally looked something like this:



I was all over the place. Awake/asleep often, but deep sleep wasn't something I seemed to be getting.
But, today...my ass was dragging. I never stay up until 11pm. I actually think I fell asleep at my desk looking at my computer screen this morning....I've never had that happen before! However, my sleep map from last night looked....good. More deep sleep.

So, perhaps this is just the first sign that my hygiene is beginning to improve. I really enjoyed reading before I went to bed. I hated being tired today. I hated not having an afternoon coffee. But, I'll keep up with this for two weeks (at least) just to see how it goes.
It's the least I can do for myself.
know whose would just be a flat line? lewis after he eats a meal.
ReplyDelete