Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow! (and then some)

It's been snowing since I crawled out of bed at 7am. As it nears midnight, it may finally be coming to a halt--only for an hour or so, and then it will start back up again, I'm sure. My university has already closed for tomorrow (until noon, that is), so I will be sleeping in!

We shoveled earlier---but, well, it's all covered again. We even took a walk around the neighborhood tonight, just to enjoy the beautiful picture the snow painted....it looked like a winter wonderland.

Here's our back deck--and, yup, still snowing!
And, the grill...

We have a family (or 5) of stray cats that live under this back deck. I assume the snow gets under it regardless, so I leave the garage open a crack for them...hopefully they'll stay out of the cold tonight.
_____________________________________________________________________

My wrist is still bothering me a bit--and I think people keep catching the bruise out of the corner of their eye(s). Okay, maybe that's just me...but, it's all big and stuff.

See?
Anyways, today was not the best of days. I was very tired and achy--from the moment I woke up. I've also noticed a strange side-effect of the steroids...I keep getting these overwhelming waves of feeling...it's so hard to explain---almost like getting the chills, but without the chills (ya know, when you get the chills....you can feel them start at your head and run down to your feet...so, like that, but without being cold). It's almost like a tingling feeling--but, not.

And my back is killing me today. So far, my back hasn't really played much of a role in this whole testing stuff--my doctors haven't focused much on it, regardless of how much I've mentioned this. Sometimes it feels like someone just kicked me--smack dab in my lower back. Right in the middle. RIGHT on the bone. I know I've done some horrible things to my back and my neck after being a high jumper for 10+ years...and, I've known back pain the entire time; I'm no stranger to it. But, this is just not the same (and it probably isn't the same because it wasn't caused by doing the Fosbury Flop). Either way, I digress.

_____________________________________________________________________

Our cupcake flavors have been selected!!
Mini Cupcake Flavors (4 dozen):
Red Carpet--Red cake topped with almond buttercream and red glitter sugar
PB&J--Vanilla cake filled with strawberry jam and topped with peanut butter buttercream
Apple Cider--Cinnamon swirl cake topped with apple cider buttercream dusted with cinnamon and sugar
Pink Lemonade--Lemon cake topped with pink lemonade buttercream and hot pink glitter sugar
Maple Bacon--Vanilla cake with bacon and maple syrup inside topped with maple buttercream.
Milk and Cookies--Chocolate-chip cake topped with vanilla buttercream and a freshly baked chocolate-chip cookie
Chocolate Covered Banana--Chocolate cake topped with banana buttercream dipped in chocolate ganache and sprinkled with walnuts
Chocolate Fountain--Chocolate cake topped with chocolate buttercream and dipped in chocolate ganache

2 Cupcakes Flavors--(our "cake toppers" will go on our respective cupcake:)
Maple Bacon (Bride)--Vanilla cake with bacon and maple syrup inside topped with maple buttercream.
Drumstick (Groom)--Vanilla cake topped with vanilla buttercream dipped in milk chocolate ganache and nuts

YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment