Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Weather Man (aka: weather.com) LIED.

It was supposed to rain today. In fact, it was supposed to rain and there was supposed to be a fantastic show of lightening and thunder. And stuff. I even took my umbrella to work (I walk) in anticipation of said storms.

And? Nothing. Not a drop. What a let down. Seriously though, there's nothing better than a Spring rain-shower-thunder-storm-show. And it always smells so wonderful after. Oh...and it helps the flowers grow. And the trees blooms. And I'm so sick of everything looking dead and gone from winter---so, the green grass and blooming flowers cannot come quick enough.

I want more of these:

At least one person (read: cat) enjoyed the alternative weather we had today (which, if you must know, was humid. gross, humid warmth. meh.)


In other news---I think the husband and I finally locked down an apartment for our big move coming up in three months. It's an old Yarn Mill (yup. yarn.) converted into apartments that have giant ceilings. And giant windows. And the most amazing hardwood floors. I'm sold. The only possible downside is that the closest Starbucks is 20 minutes away.

But these floors? Ah-MAZ-ing:


Amazing, right?
I can't wait to move. North Carolina better be as amazing as these hardwood floors. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed by your flooring. I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really cool building!

    ReplyDelete