Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours.

I guess the weather God's listen to my whining yesterday---because it definitely rained today. In fact, it started pouring right about the time I needed to leave work--resulting in a very soggy Rachel. There was actually one point on my walk home where my flip-flop slipped off (hey, that rhymes!) and I took at least two steps before I noticed I hadn't a shoe on my foot (in my defense, my feet were so wet, I really didn't notice I was partially barefoot).


So, right now, it's just me and the kids (dog. cat.) sitting in the living room, listening to the rain. Well, I'm sitting in a chair, they're staring out the open front door---but, still the same.



In other news, I've been tapering off of my steroids for the better part of a week---every three days, or so, I drop another milligram. Right now, I'm at 7mg a day. So, I'm finally starting to get to a level will my body is taking it's control back...thank god.

One of the side-effect of the steroids is paper-thin skin; I bruise at the drop of a hat. The other day, I locked my keys in my car. While it was running. In a Starbucks parking lot. On Easter. Luckily, I had left the window open a crack (read: small, small crack). I was able to get a metal rod in the window just enough to roll the window down a tiny bit more. At which point, I tried to unlock the door with both arms....and, eventually I succeeded. But? I managed to bruise both of my arms doing so.

For example (it's hard to see...the iPhone isn't the greatest picture taker, but dammit, it tries!):


Needless to say, I'll be happy when the steroids are done---and the side-effects go with them.

I've also been going back and forth on my appointment this Friday at the Cleveland Clinic. The doctor wants to repeat my Nerve Conduction test and EMG (this involves being zapped with electricity, and having needles shoved into my muscles). While I want to get to the bottom of this, I am just so sick of the tests and the doctors and the ... everything. So. I'm sucking it up, and going.

But for now, I think I'm going to go back to listening to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment