One of my closest friends was in town this weekend with her fiance. I offered up our spare room for them--I couldn't fathom having them spend $$ on a hotel. Not in this town, anyways. Now, in theory, having house guests is a nice idea. Until they get here, that is. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends. I just love my space, and love my laziness. And? I hate the feeling of needing to entertain people--because I'm fairly stuck in a rut. I wake up. Make coffee. And sit in a chair with a heating pad on my back. I lack a certain amount of energy to run around and do things....so, I always end up feeling bad for not being a Suzy HomeMaker when guests are in town....and I'm sure it shows. I suck.
Anyways, I'm supposed to go back to the Cleveland Clinic this week. I don't want to go. I think it's pointless. They'll re-run some tests that will end up normal, and I'll be no better off---so, what's the point? I just want to give up on doctors...I just want to give up on testing, and medicine, and all that crap. I just want to be normal. Oh well.
In other news...my sister got engaged this weekend (insert SQUEEE here)...Awesome! Except I have a feeling she's going to be that bride-to-be that everyone on The Knot would jump on and destroy the second a stupid question jumped out of her mouth (or, was posted via her fingers). She's been engaged for one whole day and has already asserted that she has passed up looking at top-notch venues because her "date" was already taken, and mentioned she doesn't want to register for anything (que the "How do we ask for money?" question in three...two....one...) because they've just bought a house and remodeled and won't need a single.thing.ever. Can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment